Fwd: Question regarding core dump debugging using gdb on armv4

Hi ,

I am trying to reduce core dump size on target running linux . The
processor is armv4 family. I tweak elf_core_dump function of linux
kernel 2.6.23.

I tweaked the kernel to dump only elf note, registers and stack
segments of the running process.

But gdb fails to load required shared object files and fails to give
the backtraces of the running process.

Could you please help me ascertain how gdb loads the required
libraries from the core dump. Which ELF section of the core contains
the information ?

Thanks in Advance,
-Abhijit