Re: Shared library call problems on PowerPC with gdb 7.2

    Pedro> On 04/15/2013 03:20 PM, Klaus Zeitler wrote:
    >> I'm using gdb 7.2, the exact version is:
    >> GNU gdb (Wind River Linux Sourcery G++ 4.4a-341) 7.2.50.20100908-cvs
    >> Maybe the gcc/binutils version is also relevant:
    >> powerpc-wrs-linux-gnu-gcc (Wind River Linux Sourcery G++ 4.4a-341) 4.4.1
    Pedro>
    Pedro> You should request support from Wind River.

Did that November last year. I've exchanged many emails with Windriver,
but so far we haven't made any progress. That's why I thought that maybe
asking the real gdb experts here could help. Because from the info I
gathered in the internet, I thought this problem was already solved with
a patch for 6.8.
So of course the question remains, if and when (i.e. which version)
the patch went upstream into the sources.
And I also hoped that maybe there's some workaround for the version 7.2
we are using.

    Pedro> You could also try a current/recent pristine FSF/GNU GDB.
    Pedro> We're about to release 7.6.

Ok, I'll give 7.5.1 a try in the next days.

Thanks

Klaus

|  Klaus Zeitler              Alcatel-Lucent                        |
|  Lorenzstrasse 10           70435 Stuttgart, Germany              |
|  Department:                Building: 005  Office: 3/171          |
|  Telefon:                   +49 711821 43898                      |
|  Email:                     klaus.zeitler@alcatel-lucent.com      |
| Alcatel-Lucent Deutschland AG                                     |
| Sitz der Gesellschaft: Stuttgart  Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRB 4026 |
| Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Michael Oppenhoff                |
| Vorstand:                                                         |
|   Alf Henryk Wulf (Vorsitzender) Â Dr. Rainer Fechner             |
---
There are two ways to write error-free programs.  Only the third one works.