Re: Shared library call problems on PowerPC with gdb 7.2

On 04/17/2013 08:54 AM, Klaus Zeitler wrote:
>     Pedro>
>     Pedro> On 04/15/2013 03:20 PM, Klaus Zeitler wrote:
>     >> I'm using gdb 7.2, the exact version is:
>     >> GNU gdb (Wind River Linux Sourcery G++ 4.4a-341) 7.2.50.20100908-cvs
>     >> Maybe the gcc/binutils version is also relevant:
>     >> powerpc-wrs-linux-gnu-gcc (Wind River Linux Sourcery G++ 4.4a-341) 4.4.1
>     Pedro>
>     Pedro> You should request support from Wind River.
>
> Did that November last year. I've exchanged many emails with Windriver,
> but so far we haven't made any progress. That's why I thought that maybe
> asking the real gdb experts here could help. Because from the info I
> gathered in the internet, I thought this problem was already solved with
> a patch for 6.8.
> So of course the question remains, if and when (i.e. which version)
> the patch went upstream into the sources.
> And I also hoped that maybe there's some workaround for the version 7.2
> we are using.

Maybe you'll find someone here willing to volunteer to do that work
for you, but I wouldn't hold my breath.  The info should be retrievable
from the mailing list archives, from the ChangeLog files in the source
tree, and from CVS/git history.

>     Pedro> You could also try a current/recent pristine FSF/GNU GDB.
>     Pedro> We're about to release 7.6.
>
> Ok, I'll give 7.5.1 a try in the next days.

Try mainline and 7.6 too.  The later is in the
gdb_7_6-branch branch at git://sourceware.org/git/gdb.git .
The former is "master".  Lots of changes between 7.5 and 7.6.
Even if you don't want to use those versions, they could hold
a fix already, and you could then backport instead of wasting
time fixing it again.

--
Pedro Alves