This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: stabs changes for 64 bit targets
- From: Joern Rennecke <joern dot rennecke at embecosm dot com>
- To: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- Cc: David Taylor <dtaylor at emc dot com>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, gdb at sourceware dot org, binutils at zalov dot cz
- Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 12:15:38 -0400
- Subject: Re: stabs changes for 64 bit targets
- References: <18975 dot 1368456346 at usendtaylorx2l> <20130513145224 dot GY1377 at tucnak dot redhat dot com>
Quoting Jakub Jelinek <firstname.lastname@example.org>:
On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 10:45:46AM -0400, David Taylor wrote:
There are problems when using current STABS debug format for 64 bit
Why are you considering extending STABS at this point?
STABS support might very well be dropped altogether from GCC 4.9 or the next
release, people just should use DWARF everywhere.
I find stabs is still helpful when you try to inspect the assembly output
by hand (or more precisely, by visual inspection in a text editor / pager).