non-stop / async testsuite

On Wed, 12 Jun 2013 14:08:26 +0200, Metzger, Markus T wrote:
> One additional open is the testing of non-stop/async mode.  This turns out to be
> quite difficult and we ran into sporadic fails.  Is there a good how-to?

I see gdb.server/solib-list.exp tests both modes, I have never tried to run
the whole testsuite in non-stop/async mode.

But it is known async is not fully finished/compatible so full testsuite run
in async mode will have some regressions.  After async gets fully
finished/fixed it would become the default/only mode.

non-stop mode probably should work but its behavior is incompatible with the
default all-stop mode so testsuite expecting all-stop cannot work as is in
non-stop mode.

Also only non-stop together with async is being tested, just non-stop without
async is not tested/supported well and async without non-stop IMO is not much
useful and therefore also not tested/supported.

Jan