Re: Fwd: Backtrace stopped: frame did not save the PC

On 08/19/13 00:15, sravan megan wrote:
Hi All,

I am working on Microblaze GDB (7.4.50) version.

GDB is throwing "frame did not save the PC" error if the program is not compiled with "-g"
(debugging info)

I know that without debugging information GDB will not give complete trace information but with
out debugging info GDB should atleast give the function names.

As far as I can see from your example, gdb did print the function
names.

You don't indicate what options were used when you compile.
When you compile without optimization, MicroBlaze stores
the previous frame pointer in the stack frame.  With -O1,
MicroBlaze does not save the frame pointer in the stack frame.

Can anyone please let me know where to look in to GDB code so that GDBcan store information of
main frame details and execute backtrace correctly.

You can take a look at microblaze_analyze_prologue() in
gdb/microblaze-tdep.c.

The error is issued in get_prev_frame_1() in frame.c.

--
Michael Eager	 eager@eagercon.com
1960 Park Blvd., Palo Alto, CA 94306  650-325-8077