Re: git is live

What drives the desire for that, though? With git you can publish your
own branches as you see fit, and link them to who ever is relevant.
Adding a lot of branches to the central repository is just a form of
clutter, even if it is otherwise harmless. There's no real reason to,
unlike with CVS/SVN where that was the ONLY way. With Git it makes
absolute sense to keep these separate but share history, on some other
host. This way the official repository contains just that, official
code, and branches, ie, a "trunk" of some sort, and release/bug fix
branches, and tags thereof. Nothing more. Of course, my opinion is
worth what you paid for it, and isn't important. :-)