Re: GDB Python extension on AIX

On Thu, Aug 18, 2016 at 3:21 AM, Joel Brobecker <brobecker@adacore.com> wrote:
>> I think the ball is in GDB's court.
>>
>> If GDB is going to intervene in these macros for some systems and
>> configuratino, I request a method to disable this for AIX.
>
> Seems like a reasonable request to me, at least as a stop-gap measure.
> If there is a way to do things more correctly, perhaps we could look at
> that as a second step.
>
> Note that it is strange that I don't see the error you are seeing.
> But perhaps it has to do with the fact that we use a version of
> Python which we built and installed at a non-standard location?

Hi, Joel

Thanks for looking into this and for considering some sort of work-around.

I'm not sure what a "standard" location is on AIX.  I was using the
Bull Freeware installation of Python in /opt/freeware.

Was the Python installation found and recognized on your AIX system?
Until some of my more recent changes, GDB configure did not consider
the installation correct to try to build the GDB feature.

AIX, unfortunately, is very delicate and picky about header inclusion
order and feature macros.

Thanks, David