This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[Bug regex/693] mishandled '\B'
- From: "paolo dot bonzini at lu dot unisi dot ch" <sourceware-bugzilla at sources dot redhat dot com>
- To: glibc-bugs at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: 30 Jan 2005 13:33:10 -0000
- Subject: [Bug regex/693] mishandled '\B'
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: sourceware-bugzilla at sources dot redhat dot com
------- Additional Comments From paolo dot bonzini at lu dot unisi dot ch 2005-01-30 13:33 -------
Subject: Re: mishandled '\B'
> bash-2.05b$ gawk-3.1.1 -f gnureop2.awk # old regex
> bash-2.05b$ ./gawk -f gnureop2.awk # current CVS glibc regex
> x x x
It looks like old regex special-cased the first and last character so
that is was neither a word character nor a non-word character. The
current behavior is more consistent. FWIW, PCRE also shows the same
behavior as current CVS glibc regex.
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are on the CC list for the bug, or are watching someone who is.