This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[Bug libc/3313] New: madvise(M_MXFAST,0) sets up a crash
- From: "pasky at suse dot cz" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: glibc-bugs at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: 6 Oct 2006 00:36:35 -0000
- Subject: [Bug libc/3313] New: madvise(M_MXFAST,0) sets up a crash
- Reply-to: sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org
When a program calls madvise(M_MXFAST, 0), it will crash the next time it tries
to do some memory allocation or get into an infinite loop when it remadvises
M_MXFAST to some other value. The problem probably stems from the handling of
the first two "unindexable" bins (although I'm not sure right now how are they
unindexable) - madvise(M_MXFAST, 0) will set the max_fast to SMALLBIN_WIDTH but
fastbin_index(SMALLBIN_WIDTH) == -1, which ain't any good when you use that as
an index to the buckets array.
Summary: madvise(M_MXFAST,0) sets up a crash
AssignedTo: drepper at redhat dot com
ReportedBy: pasky at suse dot cz
CC: glibc-bugs at sources dot redhat dot com
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are on the CC list for the bug, or are watching someone who is.