This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[Bug linuxthreads/3318] Overriding free which clobbers data and calls pthread_getspecific can get bad value (linuxthreads)
- From: "ian at airs dot com" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: glibc-bugs at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: 7 Oct 2006 01:56:11 -0000
- Subject: [Bug linuxthreads/3318] Overriding free which clobbers data and calls pthread_getspecific can get bad value (linuxthreads)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org
------- Additional Comments From ian at airs dot com 2006-10-07 01:56 -------
Created an attachment (id=1357)
This test case crashes for me on i686-pc-linux-gnu running Fedora Core 4 with
glibc-2.3.6-3 when I set the environment variable LD_ASSUME_KERNEL to 2.4.19.
In the __libc_free routine, pthread_getspecific returns garbage.
This isn't the simplest possible test case--it's a modification of the NPTL
test case. The call to abort winds up hanging as the pthread code waits for a
lock, so I put in an alarm to get the program to actually exit. The hang is
probably due to the bug I reported in bugzilla PR 2948, which has been fixed in
the mainline sources.
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are on the CC list for the bug, or are watching someone who is.