This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[Bug math/3427] New: feholdexcept does not clear status flags
- From: "kreckel at ginac dot de" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: glibc-bugs at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: 26 Oct 2006 11:05:00 -0000
- Subject: [Bug math/3427] New: feholdexcept does not clear status flags
- Reply-to: sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org
At least on the i386 and x86_64 architectures, calling feholdexcept fails to
clear the FPU's exception status flags. (Reading the sources, it appears like on
alpha and powerpc, the exception status flags are cleared.)
According to ISO/IEC 9899:1999 [184.108.40.206]: "The feholdexcept function saves the
current floating-point environment in the object pointed to by envp, clears the
floating-point status flags, and then installs a non-stop (continue on
floating-point exceptions) mode, if available, for all floating-point exceptions."
The Linux manpage also claims that feholdexept clears all exception flags.
Summary: feholdexcept does not clear status flags
AssignedTo: aj at suse dot de
ReportedBy: kreckel at ginac dot de
CC: glibc-bugs at sources dot redhat dot com
GCC host triplet: i586-suse-linux
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are on the CC list for the bug, or are watching someone who is.