This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[Bug libc/9948] New: Add support for AT_BASE_PLATFORM in LD_SHOW_AUXV
- From: "cseo at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: glibc-bugs at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: 12 Mar 2009 20:47:25 -0000
- Subject: [Bug libc/9948] New: Add support for AT_BASE_PLATFORM in LD_SHOW_AUXV
- Reply-to: sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org
A new entry to the auxv, called AT_BASE_PLATFORM, was added in kernel 2.6.27, in
order to address a problem that may happen in IBM Power systems running in
'compatibility' mode (see this post in the LKML for more details -
When using LD_SHOW_AUXV=1 in those newer kernels, AT_BASE_PLATFORM shows as an
unknown entry, instead of displaying the correct platform microarchitecture.
A patch for this will follow shortly.
Summary: Add support for AT_BASE_PLATFORM in LD_SHOW_AUXV
AssignedTo: drepper at redhat dot com
ReportedBy: cseo at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com
CC: glibc-bugs at sources dot redhat dot com
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are on the CC list for the bug, or are watching someone who is.