This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[Bug localedata/9859] New fr_FR locale month abbrevs abmon are not fixed length
- From: "stephane dot raimbault at gmail dot com" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: glibc-bugs at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: 14 Mar 2009 22:52:37 -0000
- Subject: [Bug localedata/9859] New fr_FR locale month abbrevs abmon are not fixed length
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org
------- Additional Comments From stephane dot raimbault at gmail dot com 2009-03-14 22:52 -------
I wasn't able to see the problem because the link to
/usr/share/locale/fr/LC_TIME/coreutils.mo is broken on Ubuntu 8.10 and 9.04
(I've reported the problem).
The French translation of coreutils contains many mistakes and it's wrong to use
the same translation as the English one for dates:
msgid "%b %e %Y"
msgstr "%b %e %Y" -> "%e %b %Y"
msgid "%b %e %H:%M"
msgstr "%b %e %H:%M" -> "%e %b %H:%M"
but I can't fix the alignment problem with this simple string (do you see the
hack before the %Y?).
I'll continue to discuss the problem on the coreutils list.
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are on the CC list for the bug, or are watching someone who is.