This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[Bug libc/9954] New: getaddrinfo assertion triggered without reason
- From: "aurelien at aurel32 dot net" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: glibc-bugs at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: 15 Mar 2009 15:31:09 -0000
- Subject: [Bug libc/9954] New: getaddrinfo assertion triggered without reason
- Reply-to: sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org
With the following /etc/hosts:
Using getaddrinfo() on www.my-domain.es, trigger the following assertion:
../sysdeps/posix/getaddrinfo.c:1473: rfc3484_sort: Assertion
`src->results[i].native == -1 || src->results[i].native == a1_native' failed.
This is due to two different bugs:
- In rfc3484_sort() rule 7, src->results[i].native is assigned even if
src->results[i].index is -1, meaning that no interface is associated.
- In getaddrinfo() the source IP address used with the lo interface needs a
special case, as it can be any IP within 127.X.Y.Z.
Patch fixing both problems will follow shortly.
Summary: getaddrinfo assertion triggered without reason
AssignedTo: drepper at redhat dot com
ReportedBy: aurelien at aurel32 dot net
CC: glibc-bugs at sources dot redhat dot com
GCC build triplet: x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
GCC host triplet: x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
GCC target triplet: x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are on the CC list for the bug, or are watching someone who is.