Problems with vboxgetty (isdn4k-utils-3.0beta2) and glibc-2.1.1

After upgrading my my partly very outdated DIY Linux to SuSE 6.0 I
recompiled lots of packages, of which obviously one caused vboxgetty
to fail.  The outgoing message (unchanged since quite some time) and
the incoming messages (both u-Law-coded) are extremly noisy, so that
they almost impossible to understand.

Among the lots of upgraded packages, the only one relevant to this
problem seems to my installation of glibc-2.1.1.  SuSE 6.0 has
2.0.7pre6.  I also recompiled tcl-8.0.5 since shared libs often need
to be updated, but that didn't make any change.

I then recompiled isdn4k-utils-3.0beta2, still not solving the problem.

My log files do not give any hint about this.

Does anybody know this problem and can suggest what to do about?

urs