Re: advantages to upgrading glibc v2.0.x -> v2.1.x

On Thu, 17 Jun 1999, Matt wrote:

>     Would someone mind giving me a brief list of the advantages
>     I would have in upgrading from glibc v2.0.x -> v2.1.x, i.e.:
>     exactly _how_ stable is v2.1.x &c.

I've been using 2.1.1 since late May, and I've found it very
stable; also I think I've seen a speed advantage over earlier
glibc versions.  I understand 2.1.1 contains a lot of bug fixes.
On the other hand I've also had very good results running glibc
2.0.7pre6.  That's the libc on the server running this list,
which has been up continuously since that upgrade, over 5 months
ago.

Allin Cottrell.