Re: Note about the optimized string functions.

On Tue, 31 Aug 1999 jack@needle.mudshark.org wrote:

> A little note about the optimized string functions:
>
> If you DON'T optimize when you're compiling modules for the linux
> kernel, you'll get unresolved symbols.

Right: certain functions are missing in the kernel, like memcpy(). If the
compiler generates an actual call to memcpy, the module won't load.

I've complained about this to Alan Cox and he agreed that it is a
nuisance, so he may have done something it by now.