Re: glibc compiling

 > Okay, maybe I missed the emails on this when glibc2.1.2 came out . . .
 > what's going on when I get errors about libc.so.map and libc.map and
 > libc.so?  Unfortunately, I ran 'make' before I took the time to read the
 > FAQ, so I think I may have damaged some of my system.  Fortunately, it's a
You'll only damage it if you run make install;-)
 > nearly-clean install of RedHat 6.0, so I wouldn't be opposed to
 > reinstalling everything . . .  That just seems like a little too much work
 > when I have, or think I have most of the the files I need.  I'm running on
 > an i586.

 > Sorry to bring up a (possibly) old issue.  I wish I'd gotten on this list
 > sooner . . .

I've just asked for help on this problems on the developers list since
I've seen three reports of this problem already and don't know what
the problem is.  You might check the archive of libc-alpha at
http://sourceware.cygnus.com/glibc for my email and send as much
detail as possible about the problem to the list.  I can't reproduce
this and I don't know yet why it breaks suddenly.

The info I do need is:
- build in the sourcedirectory or not
- make version
- awk version
- which awk (see configure output!)

Very early in the beginning scripts/versions.awk should be run to
create those files.  Is the script started when you rerun make?

Do you have a file sysd-versions in your build directory?  What's the
content of it?

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger   aj@arthur.rhein-neckar.de    jaeger@informatik.uni-kl.de