//lib/libc.so.6: undefined reference to `_dl_...@GLIBC_2.2'

Since I upgraded to glibc 2.2, many programs I've tried to compile have
failed with the same string of 11 undefined references:

//lib/libc.so.6: undefined reference to `_dl_out_of_memory@GLIBC_2.2'
//lib/libc.so.6: undefined reference to `_dl_clktck@GLIBC_2.2'
//lib/libc.so.6: undefined reference to `_dl_argv@GLIBC_2.2'
//lib/libc.so.6: undefined reference to `_dl_debug_files@GLIBC_2.2'
//lib/libc.so.6: undefined reference to `_dl_check_map_versions@GLIBC_2.2'
//lib/libc.so.6: undefined reference to `_dl_load_lock@GLIBC_2.2'
//lib/libc.so.6: undefined reference to `_dl_init_all_dirs@GLIBC_2.2'
//lib/libc.so.6: undefined reference to `_dl_init@GLIBC_2.2'
//lib/libc.so.6: undefined reference to `_dl_all_dirs@GLIBC_2.2'
//lib/libc.so.6: undefined reference to `_dl_nloaded@GLIBC_2.2'
//lib/libc.so.6: undefined reference to `_dl_pagesize@GLIBC_2.2'

I'm using Slackware 7.1, and I've tried both compiling glibc 2.2 myself
and installing it from the Slackware packages.  Everything that was
already installed seems to still be working normally, including some
that I can no longer compile from source because of this.

It's been driving me crazy seeing the same set of errors on so many
different programs and not being able to figure out what was wrong.  I'd
greatly appreciate any help with this.

--
            -Dave Noelle,                 dave@Straylight.org
            -the Villa Straylight,  http://www.straylight.org

Disclaimer: "I am the Lorax, I speak for the trees!"

Quote of the Day:
Managing programmers is like herding cats.