Re: Talk Free Online (spam)

La plume légère, à Thu, Mar 15, 2001 at 08:37:47AM -0500, heure d'inspiration,
Allin Cottrell écrivait en ces mots:
> My apologies that this spam got through.  I will update the filter for
> the list to try to avoid a repetition.  Please note, before
> complaining, that this is not an "open relay" issue: the list is open
> to non-subscribers because we have occasionally had some useful
> messages from people who are not actually subscribed (e.g. Ulrich
> Drepper).
>
> --
> Allin Cottrell
> Department of Economics
> Wake Forest University, NC

Note that what the way gnome-* lists are setup, it is possible for
non-subscribers to post messages with a post-only account. This avoid spams,
this avoid having to configure a spam filter. The only inconvenience is that
people have to "subscribe" for a post-only account.

W.
--
A chicken is an egg's way of producing more eggs.