This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: linux threads, the manager.
- To: "'glibc-linux at ricardo dot ecn dot wfu dot edu'" <glibc-linux at ricardo dot ecn dot wfu dot edu>
- Subject: Re: linux threads, the manager.
- From: Kaz Kylheku <kaz at ashi dot footprints dot net>
- Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 05:01:37 -0800 (PST)
- Reply-To: glibc-linux at ricardo dot ecn dot wfu dot edu
On Tue, 30 Oct 2001, Monserrat Seisdedos Nuņez wrote:
> Hello everybody:
> I have a multithread program, and when i kill the thread manager( the 2nd
> created, and the parent of the 3 threads i generate) it become defunct and
> the 3 threads get init as parent.
So? Don't do that.
> I know the manager is waiting the threads to die so until i kill each thread
> i can't termitate with the manager.
> I would like every threads to die when i kill whatever thread in the group.
Killing every thread when one of them dies is the manager's job. If the
manager is gone, then that job won't be done.