Re: _impl and _e -- what is the Difference?

"Alexei V. Meremianin" wrote:

>   Hello,
>
> I could not find in infos, what is the difference between these
>  functions
>
>  - Function: int gsl_sf_dawson_impl (double x, gsl_sf_result * result)
>  - Function: int gsl_sf_dawson_e (double x, gsl_sf_result * result)
>      Exceptional Return Values: GSL_EUNDRFLW
>
>  It is written that _e mean "with error status", but
>  _impl also returns gsl_sf_result with such the status?
> It is mysterious thing...

_e calls the registered error handler (default: abort)
_impl does not, so you have to be careful to check the return code

Both are useful under different circumstances. Depends on
your definition of "error", which is really a client-side issue.

--
G. Jungman