Re: gsl complex and rng

Hi,

Jean-Pascal Laedermann writes:
 > - the complex functions are not working (gsl_complex_xy ...)

The complex library was accidentally not linked into the main libgsl.a
file in version 0.6. The version available from CVS fixes this
problem, or just add complex/libgslcomplex.la to the SUBLIBS variable
in the top-level Makefile.

 > - it should be interesting to read and save the states of random
 > generator to disks (streams)

I should probably add some functions for that, since there are similar
functions for other types. In the meantime,

  fwrite (r->state, r->type->size, 1, stream)

is sufficient since everything is stored in the "state" part of the
struct.

 > I am interested to contribute to the construction of this library.
 > Actually, I use a link C to the fortran library Lapack, adapted chunks
 > of numerical recipes etc, and I think it's very useful to have a
 > coherent integration of all these routines.
 >
 > May I have the procedure to subscribe to the list ?

For information on subscribing see http://sourceware.cygnus.com/gsl/

The link to "gsl-discuss" in that section will take you to the mailing
list archive, which may be useful for background of what has been
discussed previously.

best regards