configure enable/disable gsltest

another configure/gsl.m4 issue?

configure --disable-gsltest

and

configure --enable-gsltest=no

seem to have the same, incorrect result.
Both go ahead and check for gsl-config and the library.
Am I correct in assuming these flags are supposed to
prevent the GSL checks from taking place?

Now a related question. Let's say I have an autoconf'ed
project called "top" which builds a two applications
"app1" and "app2". Say "app1" requires the GSL
but "app2" does not. Is there a graceful way to NOT
attempt the build of "app1" if someone configures
with "--disable-gsltest"? How about if the gsltest
check fails? I've read the autoconf/automake
manuals but examples seem to be worth much more.

Cheers,
Bill
--
William Brower  MIT Lincoln Laboratory
805.355.1310    KMR Field Site, Kwajalein