Re: configure enable/disable gsltest

The disable-test option only turns off the compilation part of the
test. It still looks for gsl-config.  I'm not sure why it works that
way, but that's what the option does anyway (it probably needs better
name).

To get make use of the results, try something like

  AM_PATH_GSL(0.6.0,[have_gsl=true],[have_gsl=false])
  AM_CONDITIONAL(HAVE_GSL, test x$have_gsl = xtrue)

and in your Makefile.am

     if HAVE_GSL
     PROGS = app1 app2
     else
     PROGS = app2
     endif
     bin_PROGRAMS = $(PROGS)

That is based on the example in the conditionals chapter in the
automake manual.