Re: GSL, VSIPL, and the ultimate numerical library

The TASP code is free for any use. I am not allowed to copyright since I am
a Government employee and much of my implementation is done on my
Government time. The HRL, LLC and MSU code in the TASP implementation have
copyright statements that allow people to make use of it for any purpose.
You only need to leave their copyright statement in if you derive code from
their code. So if somebody took the TASP VSIPL implementation and changed a
bunch of stuff for a particular piece of hardware, and added some sort of
GPL copyright on with the other copyrights, I don't see why the could not
do that. I am not a lawyer so I don't understand all the copyright issues,
but I know the intent of the TASP VSIPL code is to jump start anybody who
wants to do a VSIPL implementation, either free or comercial, or who just
wants to learn about VSIPL..

                Randy Judd