Eigenvalues of a Hermitian matrix

Hello!
	I want to calculate the derivative of a function of the
eigenvalues of a particular Hermitian matrix and so I need the eigenvalues
of several matrices whose entries are similar. Is there any way to
provide an inital guess to the gsl_eigen_herm routine if one is known?
	From my understanding of the algorithm, the answer is no. In that
case, could anyone suggest an alternative?

Thanks,
Andrew W. Steiner
Nuclear Theory Group
Department of Physics and Astronomy