Re: [smartquant] Re: GPL license violation? [GNU Scientific Library]

Brian Gough wrote:

> Since your project is not free software,
> I can't offer any specific advice apart from that.
> The safest option is not to use GSL in non-free projects.

I believe that this is the correct interpretation of the GPL.
Anton Fokin must release his software under the GPL
(or a similar free software license)
or stop distributing the GSL with his software.

Anton may distribute his software without the GSL
so that customers would be obliged to obtain the GSL
(or another library using the same API) separately
and link them together themselves.