Re: matrix multiplication

David Clifford writes:
 > I was wondering if there is code available to do matrix multiplication
 > within GSL.  I have been writingi a program over the last few days and was
 > delighted to see how easy it was to do many different things, reading in
 > matrices, LU decomposition and all that, but I can't find anything about
 > matrix multiplication.  Also the gsl_matrix_mul and gsl_matrix_div
 > functions are not working for me.  What should I do

The functions gsl_matrix_mul_elements and gsl_matrix_div_elements
should work element by element on the first argument (if not that is a
bug).

For matrix-matrix multiplication use the BLAS routine gsl_blas_dgemm.
At the moment the gsl blas library does not include the corresponding
DGEMM, so you will need to link with an external cblas library such as
ATLAS which does have it.  I am working on the gsl blas routines.

regards