First attemp to compile GSL on Visual C++ 6.0

Hello,

The last two days I have been trying to get GSL 0.7 to compile on Visual
C++ 6.0
and M$ Windows 98 (with not much sucess :-( ). So I write to the list
because
maybe there is somebody interested in it and can help me. You can get it
at:

http://www.dia.fi.upm.es/~jmbuena/gsl-0.7.zip +
or
http://www.isys.dia.fi.upm.es/~jmbuena/gsl-0.7.zip

Some questions/remarks:

- All the Visual C++ 6.0 project files and related stuff is in
  msvc directory.

- The intention is to have three dirs (projects) on msvc:
    -libgsl (the only one the exists by now).
    -libcblas (or something similar - I have to look into this ;-) -)
    -tests (will be the testing ptrograms)

- I'm following the steps on the Makefile.am files over the gsl dirs,
  trying to compile everything in the same order.

- First is needed to have soft links on gsl dir to all the gsl*.h files
  over all the tree. On windows is needed to copy all theese files to
  gsl. There is a msdos bach file on msvs/libgsl to do this:

   copy_gsl_headers.bat

- The config.h is not generated (there is not autoconf/automake) so I
have
  generated it by cygwin and I'm modifying it throught try and error.
  The definitive version of config.h will be in msvc/libgsl/config.h.vc
and
  the user will have to coy it to the gsl root directory.

- The same is for gsl_version.h is not generated and the VC++ version is

  in msvc/libgsl/gsl_version.h.vc.

- There is some missing functions in the math.h of Visual C++ 6.0:
  acosh and atanh.

- There is a lot of warnings around const arguments to functions. In
  the definition there is a const and in the declaration there is'nt and

  viceversa (¿Something wrong here?).

- Is needed to comment out "#include <unistd.h>" in some files.

- At this moment the compilation stops in the matrix stuff and I'm
  confused with it. There is some errors on rowcol_source.c:

rowcol_source.c(21) : error C2061: syntax error : identifier
'gsl_matrix__complex_submatrix'
rowcol_source.c(21) : error C2059: syntax error : ';'
rowcol_source.c(21) : error C2143: syntax error : missing ')' before '*'

rowcol_source.c(21) : error C2143: syntax error : missing '{' before '*'

  Maybe is related with a bad config.h (there is to other errors, after
this,
  related to a size_t redefinition. Or maybe is just a problem with
templates_on.h
  preprocesor stuff, I don't know who to proceed.

That's all for now. Can somebody help me in getting further ?

Please replay me directly because I'm not subscribed to the list.

Regards.
José Miguel.

Jose Miguel Buenaposada Biencinto
Facultad de Informática                  | Computer Science School
Universidad Politécnica de Madrid  (UPM) | Madrid Tech. University.
Campus de Montegancedo s/n
28660 Boadilla del Monte, Madrid (ESPAÑA)| (SPAIN)
Voice    +34 91 336 69 47
e-mail:  jmbuena@dia.fi.upm.es
web   :  http://www.dia.fi.upm.es/~jmbuena
Yo soy Precario FPU, ¿ y tu ?: http://www.precarios.org