Re: Compile error

Kemal Asad-Syed writes:
 > Usually, I am using windows NT4.0 with Visual Studio 6.0.
 > However to compile your library I installed cygwin 1.1 Bashshell and I am
 > using gcc , g++ - GNU project C and C++ Compiler (gcc-2.95).
 > When I deleted the all the '\' from all the files and put the #define
 > statements on one line I was able to compile the library.
 > I have been trying  to figure out how can I use the GNU libraries with my
 > Visual Studio, if you have any suggestion please let me know.
 > Thanks for helping me.
 > Kemal

I'm not familiar with cygwin myself so I have CC'ed this reply to the
list to see if anyone there can help.  Maybe the problem with using
'\' for continuation lines in the preprocessor is related to the
difference between DOS/UNIX end-of-line characters???? This is just a
guess.

There are some recent messages in the list archive about using GSL
with Visual C++ at http://sources.redhat.com/ml/gsl-discuss/2001/

Brian