Re: GPL - GSL and derivative work.

Timothy H. Keitt wrote:

> These are pretty clearly spelled out at www.gnu.org.
> Short answer: LGPL, linking from closed-source OK.;
> GPL, you have to release the source of the application
> under the GPL to link with a GPL'd library.

The GPL only prevents you from distributing the GPL'd library
without distributing the application source code.
You can distribute the application object code
without the application source code without violating the GPL
and let users link it into the GPL'd library themselves.
I don't think that there is any practical way for the FSF
or the library developers to prevent users from doing this.