message in a bottle

Hello,

When computing eigenvectors and eigenvalues of a 3 by
3 matrix both compute
and print fine.
I then try to assign the matrix of eigenvectors to a 3
by 3 array and middle through the loop suddenly a
message:

"Press Enter to continue!"

No such code is in my source. The program then waits
for input and dies when enter is pressed.
Is this a known bug? Is this a bug in

1. gsl
2. blas (I am using Atlas prebuilt)
3. the Kdevelop 1.4 environment?

I downloaded both gsl and Atlas_Prebuilt very recently
so I have the latest
versions.
All replies appreciated.

Mike