Re: License

nbecker wrote:

> Suppose I convert part of GSL to C++ templates.
> Now I distribute the modified headers.
> There is no binary distribution of code.
> How does the GPL apply?

If you use any of the code from the original GSL
you must release your code under the terms of the GPL.
If you re-implement the GSL from scratch,
you can release it under any terms you wish.
You must implement the GSL API faithfully
if you are going to call your implementation GSL.
If you deviate from the GSL API,
you should call your library something else besides GSL.