Data Structure used in the ODE part

Wouldn't it be nice if the data structure of the ordinary differential
equations would follow the same standard as the rest of gsl ?
So I would rather like to evolve a gsl_vector or even better a
gsl_matrix than the used double array. Then I could even use
the BLAS functions to manipulate the right hand side..
Thanks
 Ben.