Re: N dim arrays

> Has anybody done/is doing any work on generalizing matrices to more than
> two dimensions (with slicing etc.)?  I might do it but don't want to
> duplicate anybodys effort
>
> Szymon

There are two kits out in the public domain that I've been playing with
that do this sort of thing.  Both are written in C++ which may or may not
be advantageous for your purposes.  Both rely strongly on the compiler's
ability to handle *heavily* templated code properly.

Blitz++		see http://oonumerics.org/blitz
expresso	see http://www.mai.liu.se/~oseno/expresso

Blitz++ is able to handle arrays up through rank 10 and allows complex
arrays while expresso will handle arrays up through rank 6 and does not
allow complex arrays - at least not out of the box.

Cheers
John
-
John Marraffino                                       marafino@fnal.gov
Fermi National Accelerator Lab                     PHONE: (630)840-4483
Computing Division/Physics Analysis Tools            FAX: (630)840-2783
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe
is that it has never tried to contact us."
				     Calvin and Hobbes (Bill Watterson)