Re: Simulated Annealing

Andrey V. Panov writes:
 > gsl_siman_solve() uses gsl_siman_copy_t copyfunc(),
 > gsl_siman_copy_construct_t copy_constructor(),
 > gsl_siman_destroy_t destructor() or memcpy() functiions.
 > Is it better to implement gsl_siman_solve() through gsl_vector_X functions
 > and use gsl_vector * in energy, step functions parameters? I am working on
 > this.

It's designed to handle arbitrary data structures, including mixed
integer/real, lists, trees etc, so it takes void *.

If you are working with vectors it should be possible to make small
wrappers of the gsl_vector_alloc, gsl_vector_memcpy and
gsl_vector_free for the copyfunc, copy_constructor and destroy
functions.

Brian