Re: units

Jochen Küpper writes:
 > Hi everybody,
 >
 > if you don't know what I am talking about below you probably don't
 > care...
 >
 > GSL relies on (emacs) calc for the generation of it's constant header
 > files.  calc uses some pretty old constants in it's calculations.  So
 > I updated calc to use CODATA 1998 data and updated a few more
 > conversion factors.
 > I submitted that patch to the author of calc and hope we get a new
 > version soon.

I don't know if calc is maintained any more, I don't think so.

The simplest thing would be for you to distribute a standalone .el
file that people can load to override the values in calc (this also
allows for the possibility of loading different sets of data).

One thing to note, the constants should be real numbers (with a .), if
there is no dot it is an integer.  I think this only affects "au" in
your patch but it's worth keeping in mind.

Brian