Re: Jack-knife / bootstrap

Joakim Hove writes:
 > I have written some small functions to do jack-knife/bootstrap
 > estimates. Would it be interesting to include these functions in the
 > library?
 >
 > A rough version is attatched below - if you find it interesting to
 > include, please indicate the changes you wish to make it conform with
 > the "programming-style" of the GSL library.

Hi,

There should be some support for resampling in the library.  You can
find the GSL Design document on http://sources.redhat.com/gsl/ or in
CVS, it has a lot of information about coding conventions.

I don't have so much time for checking in new code now so it would be
good if you could make jack-knifing code which can be distributed
separately from GSL first, e.g. a file jackknife.c with all the
functions that people can drop into their own application to get all
the functions.  That way those people who are interested can start
using it straight away and giving you feedback.

Brian