Re: Borland C++

Hi viadrina,

I use the Borland C++ Builder 5.0, although I suppose there would not be any
problem with
the Borland C++ 5.5.

You can find the libraries in the page

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=23617&release_id=60979

In this page you will find a gsl section,
you need to download the files:

gsl-1.0-bin.zip (include the dll libraries)
gsl-1.0-doc.zip (documentation)
gsl-1.0-lib.zip (imported static library to compile with Borland, the ones
called ...bcc.lib)

I reached this web page from http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/ that is
refered from
http://sources.redhat.com/gsl/

In the projects that I have using gsl I faced 3 different situations, but in
all the projects I have added
the lisgsl-bcc.lib and the libgslcblas-bcc.lib that are the imports
libraries needed to compile and that
requiere to have later the dll´s in the system in order the exe to work.

The 3 situation I found are,

1- I added to the projects only the 2 libraries I mentioned and the source
of the code calling gsl functions
without putting in it the config.h file and it compiles and works. An
example is the test program gsl_testdiff.c
include with the source of the library

2-I added to the projects only the 2 libraries I mentioned and the source of
the code calling gsl functions
without putting in it the config.h file and it compiles but does not works.
An example is the test program gsl_testrndf.c
include with the source of the library. To solve that I needed to add the
mt.c source file of the gsl library to my project
and remove the config.h in it. In that way the project compiles and works

3-I added to the projects only the 2 libraries and previously and I modified
the config.h file to do it to work with Borland,
to do that I needed only to put into comments the following lines in the
config.h:

    //#define PACKAGE "gsl"

   //#define HAVE_INLINE 1

 Once you have modified the config.h of gsl, the compile step will not cause
any problem in the sense you will not have to avoid the config.h and the
only question in your project is to know by debugging, just in case you have
a problem running the program, with part of the source of the gsl you should
add, but it is not to difficult.

So the third option should work in any case

 I hope that help you

Regards
Santiago