Re: gsl and Intel C++ compiler for Linux

looks familiar. I had the same problem and posted a similar question to
the list - maybe you find it in the archive.
If you leave out the tests below, everything's pretty much ok. I avoid
using
the gsl_isinf and gsl_isnan functions and use the ones that come with icc.

as far as I remember its an issue with icc's ansi-compliance, but I'm
not completely sure.
do you use icc-5 or icc-6? they might have fixed/changed something.

are the gsl-routines at the heart of your algorithm? if not I'd just use
the gsl built with gcc and compile your own program with icc. that's the
way I sometimes do it.

if you manage to build the binary with icc it would be interesting to
know about the perforamnce gain as compared to gcc.

daniel