Re: building gsl rpm using Intel's icc

Nicolas Bock writes:
 > that seems to work fine until rpm tries to build the new rpm
 > itself. I then get this message:
 >  RPM build errors:
 >     File not found by glob: /var/tmp/gsl-1.1.1-root/usr/lib/*so.*
 >     File not found by glob: /var/tmp/gsl-1.1.1-root/usr/lib/*.so
 >  For some reason the .so libraries are not built.

Hi,

If the compiler is not supported by libtool then shared libraries
(.so) won't be built.  Check the configure output for lines like
``checking if shared libraries are supported.... no'' to see if this
is the case.

 > I also noticed that a
 >  make check
 >  fails, but that might be due to the isinf/isnan/IEEE complience
 > mentioned in another thread on this list sometime earlier, i.e. I
 > guess one could fix that. Interestingly enough, when I use the gcc
 > compiler (2.96-110), make check also fails, but at a different
 > test.

The IEEE problem should be fixed in the latest CVS.

There's a known test failure in eigen/ with gcc-2.96 mentioned in the
MACHINES file in the distribution.

For any other errors please send a bug report.

regards