Re: GSL-1.2 gsl_eigen_symmv() Problem

Hello Again,

Further to my earlier email, I've managed to narrow the problem down
somewhat. It would seem that if the log() function is called before a call
to gsl_eigen_symmmv with a matrix similar to one which has already been
solved (this is a rough summary which may not be entirely accurate, but I
think contains the relevant details) then that routine goes into an
apparently infinite loop.

I've attached a short piece of code which demonstrates this problem and
I'd be interested to know whether it is a general one or is confined to
systems like my own (or indeed, is due to a corrupt library and is only
happening to me...).

Many apologies if this is a known problem, or if there's some obvious
reason why using the C libraries log function in conjunction with gsl
isn't a reasonable thing to do....

Adam Johansen