problems with long double data type...

I have working with long double data type. When I try to print the content of variables with printf or fprintf the data are printed like double type (in the 1e-307 to 1e+307). I'm compiling my program with gcc in Linux redhat 7.3, my cpu is a Pentium II. Anybody know what is the problem. I think may be the compiler, because when I try to the same in borland c++ for dos it work well, other posibilitie is that the function prinft cannot work with this data type, but I could'nt find a solution.

Please, help me.

Gabriel Goenaga Jimenez
Graduate Student
Physics Departmente