Re: GSL_Wigner_6J error

On Tue, 2002-11-26 at 15:14, Brian Gough wrote:

> 2) Wrap the old gsl_sf_coupling_ versions with
>
> #if (GSL_DEBUG_DEPRECATED == 0)
> #endif
>
> This allows people to test whether they are using any deprecated
> functions by compiling with -DGSL_DEBUG_DEPRECATED=1 (which removes
> the definitions).

Sorry. What is the intention here? I find this construct
confusing, as if it were a double negative. If DEBUG_DEPRECATED
is 0 (or undefined... I had to look that up in the cpp manual),
then the user does not want deprecated functions? Or is
it the other way around?

Why isn't the macro name something obvious like
HIDE_DEPRECATED or EXPOSE_DEPRECATED (depending on
the default)?

--
Gerard Jungman <jungman@lanl.gov>
Los Alamos National Laboratory