Re: Linking Errors in MS Visual C++ 6.0

John Provis writes:
 > Hi
 >
 > Can someone please help me with this - I am very much a novice
 > programmer, using GSL 1.3 in MS Visual C++ 6.0 . I think I've
 > followed all the instructions in the readme.txt file - put the gsl
 > libraries in the Link box, put /MD in the Project Options box - and
 > I still keep getting these errors:
 >
 > IX model.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
 > _gsl_multiroot_fsolver_hybrids Debug/Model.exe : fatal error
 > LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals Error executing link.exe.
 >
 > None of the other gsl functions in the program give this problem -
 > gsl_integration and gaussian functions work perfectly. The section
 > of code implementing the multiroot functions is borrowed directly
 > from the example given in the manual with minimal modifications.
 >
 > I'm sure there's something really obvious that I've missed here -
 > can someone please help?

Check that you can compile the demo.c file in the same project (it
links to the random number generators which are defined in the same
way as the multiroot solvers).

If not send a bug report with a complete zipfile of your project
directory to bug-gsl@gnu.org (sources only, not including any
executable or object files, to keep the size down)

Network Theory Ltd            Phone: 0117 3179309 (+44 117 3179309)
15 Royal Park                   WWW: http://www.network-theory.co.uk/
Bristol BS8 3AL               Email: bjg@network-theory.co.uk
United Kingdom