Re: examples in the gsl-manual ..

Hi.

Can one cut and paste the examples and provide them for download
as part of the GSL project (or as a independent project under the
GPL)?

This will be helpful to:
*) People who need to just use the examples with minor modifications.
   (they might resubmit a more comprehensive example which illustrates
    the use of a few more GSL functions). I do not know what fraction
   of people using GSL need it for regular post-processing stuff that
   has to be written and checked in a short time, but I use GSL a lot
   for such stuff and find the examples useful and that I usualy have
   to make a few changes in the example that gets out more juice from
   it.

*) GSL, which may have a more comprehensive set of examples which can
   then be included in the GSL manual. It will also be useful in making
   GSL more useful to the newbies shifting to c programming (like myself).
   All the C gurus out there probably do not know how intimidating
   some of the code can seem to newbies.

*) Check errors/warnings in examples. (Yes!! some of the examples
   compile with some innocous warning messages - multi-least-square-fit
   for example).

I for one could volunteer to make a directory structure similar to the
manual chapters and start putting the examples in the directories.

Manoj