Re: gsl_multimin question (Correction)

On Tue, 2003-06-03 at 14:36, Rajarshi Guha wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-06-03 at 13:13, Fabrice Rossi wrote:
> > Hi.
> >
> > Could you show the code? Are you sure the derivatives are correct?

> I've selected the initial argument vector randomly, but the values are
> close to the target vector. I expected that the values printed in each
> iteration should converge to my target vector - but they dont and after
> a few iterations all I see is NaN's.

Sorry about this - but in fact it does converge to the target values.
However after convergence it does not stop and carries on and then I see
NaN's.

The thing I noted was that at convergence the value of the function is 0
- I figured that might be causing the minimization to screw up. So I
rewrote the function as

E' = 1 + E

and now it stops and gives the correct values

Is this the right way to go about it?
Rajarshi Guha <rajarshi@presidency.com> <http://jijo.cjb.net>
GPG Fingerprint: 0CCA 8EE2 2EEB 25E2 AB04 06F7 1BB9 E634 9B87 56EE
He who is in love with himself has at least this advantage -- he won't
encounter many rivals.
-- Georg Lichtenberg, "Aphorisms"