Re: Two suggestions...

Robert G. Brown writes:
 >   a) In relation to the recent discussion on multidimensional arrays,
 > what about adding gsl_tensor?  Something like:
 >
 > typedef struct
 > {
 >   size_t dim;
 >   size_t stride;
 >   size_t *size;
 >   size_t *lind;
 >   void * data;
 >   gsl_block * block;
 >   int owner;
 > } gsl_tensor;

I agree that this is the right way to define a tensor object in
principle.

My concern about tensors is that it's difficult to do anything with
the higher indices because all the blas/lapack routines only work for
the last two indices.

So it doesn't seem possible to create tensor views, which is part of
the usefulness of the vectors and matrices.

--
Brian